Thanks so much for your interest in Great Days of Service. Because of the limitations imposed by COVID-19, the way in which we can serve our neighbors in Irving will be significantly different. First, there will be no large group celebrations such as the opening prayer breakfast and closing celebration. Also, a small group of volunteers has been diligently working to complete whatever repairs they could on the properties submitted by owners in 2019 and 2020. We currently have an inventory of 25 homes that need our attention. During some Saturdays in April and May, volunteers will continue to complete whatever repairs are needed on the exterior of these properties. If you would like to volunteer, we welcome your help.
Please contact Glen Rogers at (972) 510-5084 or email@example.com.
Great Days of Service – Housing Rehabilitation by Community Partners
Great Days of Service is all about bringing people together from different faith communities, businesses, organizations and individuals who are committed to serving God and the community. We come together for two weekends and help people fix up their houses and yards. There are many ways you can help. If interested in volunteering, please click on http://volunteers.gdsirving.org/
Our 2020 Schedule is as follows:
* March 20th (Friday)
* March 21st (Saturday)
* March 27th (Friday)
* March 28th (Saturday)
* March 21st (Saturday) at 7:00 AM (Islamic Center of Irving is hosting the breakfast. 2555 Esters Rd., Irving, TX 75062)
* March 29th (Sunday) at 2:00 PM which will be hosted at Plymouth Park United Methodist Church, 1615 Airport Freeway, Irving, TX 75062
There are many ways you can get involved!
- Volunteer to become a member of a work crew.
- Help move materials to worksites.
- Prepare food for lunches on work days.
- Deliver food for lunches on work days.
- Become a work team captain.
- Organize a work team from your congregation, group or organization.
- Let us know of a house in need within your congregation or neighborhood.
- Become part of the organizing committee.
- Contribute money and/or encourage your congregation or organization to give.
- Pass the word – tell others.
- Pray for the success of Great Days of Service, that it will be a blessing to those who volunteer and those who are helped — that it will show God’s love and draw us closer as a community.
Great Days of Service
P.O. Box 154044
Irving, TX 75015